|Clicking on an article will open a pdf in new window. The following articles and tools are samples of the variety of work produced by our staff. They may be freely reproduced and disseminated as long as the existing formatting and attribution are not altered.
Gifts, Talents, Skills
- Feeling Welcome: Joining out of loneliness for each other
- Why Focus On Welcoming?
- Four Domains of Welcoming
- Which Paradigm to Use?
- Strategic areas for increasing community development capacity in social service organizations.
- Helping a Person Get Connected: Action Principles for Creating Hospitality in Communities
- Guests and Hosts Exchanges
- Creating Welcoming Places Workbook for community associations, churches, and other groups
- Storytelling Trouble: How the trouble starts and what you can do about it.
- Three Essential Stories for the Ally to Tell.
- Story Telling Rules
- Listening Well
- Problems in Paradise: The strength-based movement is stuck and you can get it moving again.
- Is Your Organization Person/Family Centered and Community-Based?
- Why Strengths Aren’t Enough
Creating Positive, Hopeful Groups
- Team Strength Rating Sheet
- Basic Conflict Resolution Process
- 5 Levels of Authority
- Employees Without Hope
- Seven Hope Don’ts
- Ten Evidence-Based Reasons to Create a Hopeful Group
- Pivot Points for Understanding Hope
- Self-Rating for Leadership Commitment to Hope
- When Leaders Bring Bad News
- Recovery Oriented Leadership booklet: Using the principles and practices of recovery to create hope, commitment, and action in your organization.
- New Possibilities For Recovery-based Employment: The Gifted Job Seeker
- Seeds For Recovery booklet: Using core gifts to inspire hope and action
- How Core Gifts Help Recovery
- Introduction to Recovery Oriented Leadership
- Tending the Fire: Engaging and Supporting Transition-Age Youth in AB2034 Programs